Until the Peace Treaty of Trianon, the area of today’s Dunasziget Community belonged to such county communities of Pozsony which centre was on the left bank of the great Danube, in the Csallóköz. These were by name Doborgaz, Keszölcés, Süly és Vajka. The inhabitants were mainly fishermen and stock-breeder, but while the Danube provided a living, it often posed a
danger as well. Following the flood of 1954, almost the whole settlement had to be rebuilt. The Szigetköz’s exceptional natural sorrounding awaits the visitor only a few minutes from the town and the highway M1.

Apart from opportunities to swim, fish or ride a horse, one can get to know the water
world in the scope of organised water tours. The “székelykapu” (gateway of the székelys) was raised in memory of the Hungarian war of independence of 1848-49. A wooden belfry stands on a cconcrete platfrom in the Memeorial Park.

The twin of its bell can be found in Singapore. The caption on it is the following: „ God bless the Hungarians! / Dunasziget 2003.” In the floodplain branch system of Szigetköz, the so called ágvéglezárás of Denkpál is in function here as part of the flood water replacement system and as part of the latest, the fish ladder of Denkpál.

The fish ladder can help to improve the possibilities for migration of aquatic organisms. In summer, the free beach of Doborgaz is absolutely perfect for swimming and relaxing.