Halászi lies in Szigetköz, on the bank of the Mosoni-Danube, 4 km away from Mosonmagyaróvár. The village is deservedly called as the gate of Szigetköz because we can enter the ’world of thousand island’ through the Halász-bridge. The bridge was built in 1905-1906 and had to be rebuilt three times up to now. In World War 2 it was blown up and it collapsed in 1992. In 2010 the third, modern, broad bridge with cycle lanes in both directions was built replacing the former small and narrow one. The name of the settlement (halász = fisherman) reflects its location as well as its past: its olden inhabitants delivered fish to the Magyaróvár estate. In the centre a large sized Baroque church towers over two houses with rural-baroque pediment. The frescoes of the church were painted by Maulbertsch-pupils. There are a country tavern and a leisure park established at the bank of the Moson -Danube river and they are popular targets of those arriving on the river or by bicycle, longing for a bathe or a boat trip. The riding stable in Babos-ranch also offer many opportunities for active recreation.


More: www.halaszi.hu